Sunday, December 13, 2009

First cross-country skiing of the season

Thanks to a snowstorm this past Wednesday, conditions were excellent this weekend to get the x-c skis out. This was an especially nice change of pace because the single-digit temps kept my indoors on the treadmill for my daily runs during the week. Saturday I hit the ski trails at about 11 a.m. and skied for a couple of hours. I was soooo glad to make it back up the final hill to the parking area. Not only was it great exercise, it also gave me a chance to take my Christmas present for a test run -- a new sports camera. (Yeah, I opened it early.) It's an HD video GoPro camera -- the upgrade of the original mini sports camera that I have owned for the past couple of years. The video is simply outstanding for such a small package. Here's a sample. Be sure to click on the "Watch in HD" option. It's much sharper video clarity when viewed on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment